Aims and objectives of St Vincent de Paul Catholic Primary School
in relation to Special Educational Needs provision
- To follow our mission statement – Serving with Love, Striving for Excellence
- To create an ethos and educational environment that is person centered and has the views and needs of the child/young person at its heart along with their families/carers
- To encourage a strong focus on high aspirations and on improving outcomes for children and young people with SEN which will enable them to succeed in their education and make a successful transition into adulthood
- To reflect the New Code of Practice (2014) in stating that teachers are responsible and accountable for the progress and development of the pupils in their class, including where pupils access support from teaching assistants or specialist staff. (p86, para 6.33).Every teacher is a teacher of every child or young person including those with special educational needs or disabilities
- To fully adopt the graduated approach to ensure that all pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities are identified early, assessed and catered for within the school/setting with high expectations for the best possible progress
- To work within a ‘person centered approach’ fostering and promoting effective collaboration with children/young people, parents/carers and outside agencies
- To encourage and engage the participation of children and young people and parents in the decision making and the planning and review of outcomes with regard to their provision
- To clearly identify the roles and responsibilities of school staff and the SEN Governor in providing an appropriate education for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities
- To be proactive in enabling full access for pupils with SEND to all manageable aspects of the school curriculum and the wider school life and activities thus developing positive self-esteem with a long term goal of independence and preparation for adulthood
The SENCo at St Vincent de Paul Catholic Primary School is Miss C. Williams.
The SEN Governor at St Vincent de Paul Catholic Primary School is Mr Carl Gilbertson.
Documents below will require Adobe Acrobat or another PDF reader to view